Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fail @Nikki’s…Here’s Mine:

It’s amazing to me how much Nikki and I have in common…right down to digging through our craft supplies and ending up with something that looks like this

  103_1131

and this103_1132

I don’t have a craft room…or even a “craft cave” like Nikki, but I sure can make a mess of my craft corner and craft closet!

Last week Nikki posted what she considered a craft fail and mentioned the possibility of doing a “Friday Fail Linky”. Well, this week she did and posted her craft room, which resembles mine….so I’m linking mine up too! Go over and check out some other “Friday Fails”. I think it’s more like “Friday Fun”! It’s nice to now that we don’t always have the nice, well organized craft room that we share in our posts or that every single craft we try works out perfectly every time!

Last week I tried to make a rope sphere/ball and it just didn’t turn out the way I envisioned it at all! I took some dollar store plasticy rope and dipped it in watery Elmer’s glue. Then I wrapped it over a blown up balloon and let it dry. I hoped to have a stiffened ball in the morning that I could spray paint with a textured brown and have a yard ornament. But instead, I ended up with semi-stiff tangle of rope that won’t hold paint!

103_1133 

So there you have it, my Friday Fails. If you want to see some more “real” Friday fun, go visit Nikki’s Nifty Knacks!



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. BWAHAHAHA, love the home decor ball...I have a few of my own I'll be posting next week!!!!!!! This Friday Fail thing has been quite fun so far, I think I'll continue! And yes, I believe we may be kindred :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. popped over from nikki's fail link- thanks for showing your mess- I got a house full of 'em! love the blog-
    mine is dollfamilyzone.blogspot.com. It's full of brutal honesty and messes (and occasional pee and poop stories...tehehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Friday fail!! Your deco ball is perfect!! HA!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your deco ball. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I appreciate your comments, they keep me inspired! Feel free to drop by anytime!