Thursday, January 20, 2011

Inspiring and Creative Printable Word Art! A Gift From Kristin…

the  Betty Crocker Wannabe and  founder of SimplyKlassic blog Design! I fell in love with her Scripture Word Art Christmas Tree in December. I’ve always wanted to have scripture in my home as art, so after seeing what she had done with Luke 2, I asked her if she thought she could create something with The Fruit of The Spirit from Galations 5:22-23. This has always been a favorite scripture of mine and one that I have wanted to have as art, out in plain sight as a daily reminder to my family and I how we should live each day. I’ve had a peek at what Kristin has done, and with Valentines Day just around the corner, she has focused on the fruit of LOVE in her art. Well enough of me….Heeeere’s Kristin!

 

My name is Kristin, aka the Betty Crocker Wannabe. I started blogging nearly a year ago, with the idea that I would share some recipes, and maybe add some new ones to my menu. Blogging ended up being so much more than that for me. My blog became a collection of recipes, photography, tales of adoption and motherhood, with a few crafts and decor ideas thrown in. One of the things I became really interested in was digital design. I have designed a number of printables, all of which can be found on my blog.

I have never considered myself creative, but I have really developed a passion for digital design. I am self-taught in Photoshop, which is what I use to create all of my printables.
When Sharon contacted me to guest post on Keen Inspirations, and asked for a Fruit of the Spirit printable, I'll admit, I was skeptical that I could do it. I'm usually at my best when an idea strikes me, not by request. But I played around with the words and came up with this:
You are welcome to download the word art for yourself. Just click to enlarge, then right click and save. Size is 8" x 10". For personal, non-commercial use only. I recommend printing on cardstock. Most recently, my passion for digital design has inspired me to open up a new blog design business last week, and I would love to work with you to come up with a new, stylish blog design for YOUR blog! Visit me at Simply Klassic Design, and make sure to stop by Betty Crocker Wannabe as well, where I'm having a giveaway for a FREE BLOG MAKEOVER! The giveaway ends Friday, January 21 at 11:59 pm PST. Thanks Sharon, for having me visit today, and for making me think outside the box. I had a great time designing this for you!

Thank you Kristin for creating this for us! I’m glad you were willing to think outside the box and even enjoy it! :-) I can’t wait to see what else you will come up with! I’ve been stalking following you almost daily since I found you! :-)

If you download Kristin’s word art, please take a minute to stop by her blog (she has lots of great stuff there to print too) and tell her thank you…remember to enter her blog makeover giveaway too!

I’m off on a final “Duck Hunt” so that I can participate in Amy’s Iron Chef Challenge!

6 comments:

  1. I love these artwork pieces, they make such wonderful gifts!!

    Visiting from Kristin's website, I wanted to say howdy! :)

    Hope you have a great day!

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great printable. The Christmas tree version is my all-time favourite...I still have mine hanging in the dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be nice by the front door as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the scripture art! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I appreciate your comments, they keep me inspired! Feel free to drop by anytime!