Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thrifting on Thursday

I LOVE a sale…especially a 50% off sale at my favorite thrift store!! Well today was my day!!!!

This is my haul:

  108_7888

A little closer…

108_7889

This is what all is in that pile:

2 sleeping bags ~we ARE going on a family camping trip!

4 bowling balls ~ yes, four! You’ll see them made over very soon!

2 basket balls ~ also destined for a makeover soon.

1 nice metal stand with 3 shelves ~ getting a coat of spray paint

2 nice pillows that match my bedroom colors perfectly!

2 boat towels

A laundry basket,large brass planter, unique watering can, frame, wooden crate, wood curtain rod, a large bag of wooden craft supplies, 108_7890 and I really needed the wood beads and balls for a couple of projects I’m working on! I love it when that happens…I live in a small town with no craft stores and our Walmart has basically no craft supplies and I find my wooden beads at the thrift store!

I also found some really nice, new yarn!

108_7891 

It was a very profitable day!

Have you had any good thrift experiences lately??

10 comments:

  1. OK, Sharon, where is this thrift store that's your favorite??? I got an really cool basket at Goodwill on Monday, and a really neat candle holder....

    It was fun.. fun... fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I saw the link on facebook.. you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! I like the SAFE store in B'ville! got to know the manger! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sharon, I really cannot wait to see what you're going to do with all those balls. This is rather exciting. You got some great deals on all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!! Visting from New Friend Friday. There's nothing better than a good thrift store trip! Looks like some great upcoming projects!!

    Hannah
    http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a really good thrifty day:) I am now following you thanks to New Friend Fridays!It would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog! Also we have the coolest blog-hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in:) Oh and if you need any help tweaking your blog or easy HTML tips, you know where to come!Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bargains!!! Gotta show us the bowling and basketballs when you have finished them.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a haul! I can't wait to see what you do with everything! Newest follower in the house from the Friday Follows. Would love for you to come return to favor. Your site is awesome. I can't wait to come back again!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm already over here a couple of times a week, but I may have to start properly stalking you to see what you do with those bowling balls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I appreciate your comments, they keep me inspired! Feel free to drop by anytime!