Monday, August 2, 2010

So Many Projects…

…so LITTLE time!  That is going to be my theme for my craft room ….whenever I get my craft room! I see new things everywhere that I would like to do, blogs, stores, friends homes and I’m not even a third of the way done with what I already have on my “project list”! Thankfully the list only exists in my head!
One of the projects that I have had in mind was to use vinyl on these dollar tree frames.
108_7825
When I saw these in the store, I hoped that they would be done in true dollar store quality and that the “Friends” would just scrape off. I opened one right there in the store (I knew I would buy at least the one) and scraped with my fingernail…OFF it came! So I grabbed several for future projects.
They’ve just been sitting and waiting for the perfect project and time. I had a project opportunity come up Thursday. My sis in law was having us all (the sisters) over for lunch on Friday. It would be the first time I had been to her new home, so I wanted to bring her a gift. It was a little short notice for a very big project, but this was quick and easy and looked great when it was done!
I took the frame apart, scraped the letters off and washed the glass. Then I gave the wood a couple of coats of satin black spray paint. while it dried, I used my Craft Robo
103_5378
vinyl cutter and cut out her last name and the year that they married.
Here is the end result:
0730001317
This picture was taken with my phone after I had given it to my SIL…my girls had used it in black and white and I couldn’t figure out how to get it set back to color! I also removed the little hangers from the back and moved them so the frame would hang in “landscape mode”. I used some black and white ribbon for a hanger.
Quick, easy and thrifty! My kind of project!! I have a couple of giveaways coming up VERY soon…so stay tuned!
I found a new place to party:
It's a Blog Party
I’ll also be linking up to the usual parties on the appropriate day.  Check out the buttons in my side bar and join me at these awesome parties!
Have an awesome Monday!

14 comments:

  1. Thats really pretty ! I want to do a frame like that. Not sure whatI want it to say but I like the "look" of these frames !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love inexpensive, fast, and brilliant ideas like this one...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this I am a mother of children who will all be living on their own shortly I would love to create each of them one of these for their dorms, homes, or apartments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    Cute,Cute, and Cute!! Between you and Beth Anne always thinking outside the box I feel so inspired!
    Enjoy your day!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I love thsi idea! Thanks so much for posting. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Great idea. I'd love to have one of those cutters someday! :)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Love cheap but outstanding crafts! thanks for sharing and linking up to Socialize with me Monday til Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! Please consider stopping my blog this weekend. I am hosting a link party about words and quote projects: The Weekend Word Search. Your frame would be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Great idea! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea! Love it!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I appreciate your comments, they keep me inspired! Feel free to drop by anytime!