First, I found the smaller jars like the one on the left at Dollar tree and the larger one on the right at Dollar General. Then at CVS, I found on clearance for .75 a very wide mouth but plastic Rubbermaid jar that could hold my coffee filters. That was my most difficult find, something with a wide enough mouth that wasn’t a HUGE container. I didn’t have two of them so you don’t get to see a “before” of that one. I liked the style of the jars, but not the white lids…enter MR. ORB…and his very helpful friend Rustoleum Plastic Primer! I coated the white plastic lids with two very light coats of the primer and then two coats of the Oil Rubbed Bronze. I was skeptical, cause I’ve never gotten any paint to stick to plastic, but this stuff did!
Did you see the old metal tray behind the jars and paint? He got a couple of coats of ORB too! I love that stuff! Then I let everything dry for several days, because it will be handled ALOT! Tonight, I put it all together:
OOPS! I almost forgot about the labels! I have another new best friend…my Craft ROBO
vinyl cutter. It’s like a Cricut, but you don’t need cartridges and it hooks up to your computer. Lots of fun! I made a labels from black self-adhesive vinyl for each jar: Coffee, Filters, Sugar and Creamer. This is the first project that I have done with the ROBO, but I think we are going to become good friends!
Everything fits together with my grinder on the metal tray! I like the way it looks all neat and tidy!
I’m going to share this over at:
She is starting a new weekly linky party “Spotlight Yourself”!
And she’s kicking it off with a great Jewelry giveaway! Go check it out!
Her It's so Very Creative Monday is a Blog Hop this week!
I am also sharing at these fun spots:
The Persimmon Porch
Taking life one cup at a time, good night!