The planter started out as a pasta bowl and candle holder from the thrift store:
I gave them both a coat of primer. I have found that the textured spray paint sticks better if there is a primer under it, no matter what surface it is.
I followed that with a couple of coats of Caribbean Sand and then put them together with Gorilla Glue.
It seemed a little bare to me to I tried making it “tiered” by adding part of a candle stick leftover from another project and a saucer.
It still wasn’t looking just right to me, so after talking to my daughter about putting a plant on the top tier, I decided to just put plants in the whole thing!
As the Petunias grow, they will fill the bowl and cascade over the side!
I like it better as a planter, but still want a birdbath. Today at the thrift store, I saw this for only $1.50!!
I think it has birdbath potential…we’ll see!
I'm going to share over at: