Thursday, March 11, 2010

Easy and Inexpensive Candle Make Over

My bedroom is the first room that I have tackled in my quest to redo each room in our basement before Thanksgiving. We are living in our basement and building upstairs as we have the cash in hand. Slow going....
So, in order to make things fresh and "new" while we wait, I am doing a room by room face lift or "finish" if that particular room wasn't completely finished. The bedroom is almost finished, but I'm not ready for a full reveal just yet. I want to show off my candles though as they are one project that came together for me today!
I wanted to update the candles over my bed, but didn't want to spend a minimum of $10 for new pillars. so I gave mine a make over. I get so excited when I start a project that I forget to take the "before" picture, so just imagine a dusty, dented, cream-colored pillar candle. I wrapped it in a textured scrapbook cardstock and the put a strip of coordinating textured cardstock. The middle still needed something, so I used my Craft Robo ( for the first time! ) and made a fluer de lis from black textured cardstock and hot glued it on. Very easy to do and at $1.00 for all the supplies makes them easy on the purse too!



No pictures of my many blessings  in my frame yet...

I am really pleased with the way these turned out and the pictures don't do them enough justice, I think it's  textured paper and the texture doensn't show up...oh well.   I am going to try to do some candles for Easter to go in my $Tree hurricane vase. I wonder how easy it will be to change the papers and accents  seasonally?

I'm going to share these over at:


AND

5 comments:

  1. I love that grouping !! I'll have to get you a pic of your grandkids all together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great mom! can't wait to see them in person! Now, just add some pics to the frame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candles, but I'm a freak for candles and frames. Just sayin....

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me next week for another great party.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, Thanks for your visit to my blog. I found the boxwood branches just before the post, so a couple of weeks ago. They were at Hobby Lobby in the “bush/bunches” section, not with the floral stems. The urn is 7” high by 7” wide. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I appreciate your comments, they keep me inspired! Feel free to drop by anytime!